An easy holiday recipe sure to get your family excited. We are sharing one of our favorite banana bros recipes, just in time for your Christmas dinner. Using simple household items and your best top shelf nug, you can have a perfect holiday treat.
"Flower" butter Ingredients
1/2 oz (14 grams) bud, trim, shake, broken up ground course
10 tablespoons (1 1/4 sticks) unsalted butter, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs
1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
1/2 cup or more chopped, toasted nuts (optional)
- Open cheesecloth and add the best strain you have.
- Using OTTO, finely grind your top shelf flower into the flat cheesecloth.
- Fold & tie the wrapped up cheesecloth securely.
- Melt butter in double boiler add 1 cup water and the wrapped up cheesecloth.
- Keep heat high and water filled in boiler for 2 hours turning the cheesecloth in the hot butter occasionally.
- After two hours remove heat and using tongs carefully remove sachet of flower and squeeze as much butter from the pouch as possible.
- Put filtered flower butter in a container and refrigerator for about 1 hour until butter oil has solidified on top of the water, sediment and milk solids.
- Strain water off of the flowerbutter.
- Melt flowerbutter in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Preheat to 325°F. Coat the 8 x 8 x 2-inch metal baking pan with nonstick spray.
- Once butter is melted and hot, remove from heat; immediately add sugar, cocoa, 2 teaspoons water, vanilla, and 1⁄4 teaspoon salt. Stir to blend. Let cool for 5 minutes.
- Add eggs to hot mixture 1 at a time, beating vigorously to blend after each addition. When the mixture looks thick and shiny, add flour and stir until blended. Stir in nuts [optional].
- Transfer batter to baking pan.
- Bake brownies until the toothpick inserted into the center comes out almost clean.
- Allow brownies to cool completely, then cut into pieces.
- Always start with a small bite, to ensure dosage is proper.